River West is not currently meeting in-person due to COVID-19. Click here to join us for our live ZOOM Sunday morning services at 10am.
In-Person Service Relaunch Announcement!
We want to thank you for patience and participation in the life of RWCC during this challenging time. It has been difficult, but it has also been a rich and rewarding time of seeing each others homes, families and sometime even pets via Zoom! It has reminded us that we all are the church, whether we have a building to gather in or not.
With the recent announcement of Phase 2, enough restrictions have now been lifted that the Leadership Team, in consultation with the worship team leaders and Pastor Tim, are planning on the potential return to in-person services on July 19th. We are excited to re-launch in-person services at RWCC in the near future! Let us be clear that we want to do this in a safe manner and want all congregants to follow all AHS requirements.
While we are resuming in-person services, a few things will look understandably different:
- We would encourage you to consider wearing a mask in our gathering. If you would like to sing, a mask is required by AHS.
- Upon entry, every participant will need to check-in at the Information/Registration Desk for contact tracing purposes. Information will be stored internally and will only be utilized for tracking purposes.
- Seats will be placed far enough away to ensure social distancing. Please do not move seats unless it is to fit those within your cohort or those within your household.
- Childcare will be provided for those age 3+. Childcare will occur in its usual time slot and the curriculum will be RightNow Media Kid’s videos. All check-ins will be done via the Information/Registration Desk.
- Enhanced sanitation procedures will be in effect. If you smell chemicals, it’s a good thing!
- Social distancing is still a requirement and we will ask all congregants to wash or sanitize their hands upon entry.
- We will be a limited touch facility with as many things done to limit touch as possible. The offering will be placed at the back and will also continue online. Doors will be propped open where possible, and any form of physical greeting is currently discouraged.
- The RWCC building will be a touch-free zone for the time being. While we understand the desire for a hug or touch (we want to as well!), when we ask if it’s ok for us to touch someone, there can be unintended subversive pressure that can make it hard for the other person to say no. For that reason, along with our desire and legal obligation to follow AHS regulations, we ask you to not hug or touch within our facilities for the time being.
- The Connections Café will be temporarily closed. We encourage you to grab a coffee on your way here from one of great local establishments.
- The east entrance (main doors) will serve as the entrance and the west doors as the exit.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, been in contact with someone with COVID-19, or had COVID-19 like symptoms within the last 14 days, you are asked to participate via our livecast.
As we prepare for our resumption of in-person services, we understand that some of you may not feel comfortable or safe in an in-person service quite yet. For those unable or uncomfortable participating in in-person services, we will be live-casting the service via Zoom for the near foreseeable future.
We want to encourage those who are not able or not comfortable with gathering in-person, that the online gathering is an equally valid option and you have our full affirmation to stay with that method for this limited time.
We have a high level of confidence in our staff, volunteers, and you as a congregation, in implementing and following the AHS & RWCC guidelines. We believe with God’s grace that we will be able to re-launch in a safe and responsible way.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Pastor Tim or a member of the LT.