With the recent announcement of Phase 3 by the provincial government, we are excited to move into a new season of church ministry!
Here are some things to expect at River West as of July 1st:
- With almost all COVID-19 restrictions lifting, we will adjust our protocols to match all current provincial & municipal COVID-19 regulations (or lack thereof). Starting July 1st, there will be no need to register for Sunday services as there will be no capacity limit!
- With the aligning of the City of Edmonton mask bylaw with the provincial masking bylaw, masks will no longer be mandatory at River West as of July 1st. We would ask that during this time of transition we show grace to one another and be respectful of differing perspectives. Whether you choose to wear a mask, or not, please know you are welcome here.
- As of July 1st, we will no longer be offering Zoom services, but will be Live Streaming our services on our website! This will greatly improve both the audio and visual quality. This is a great way to stay connected even though you may be sick, on vacation or unable to make it to the physical service for any reason. It is also a great way for people in our community to check out our church before coming in-person. Click here to join via Live Stream.
- Throughout the summer, we will be doing a lot to connect as a church family! We will be having a Church BBQ (July 11), a Connection Weekend (Aug 20-22) & coffee every Sunday!
- For July & August, we will be piloting a new service model that places an emphasis on in-person relationships and integration of Scripture into our lives & community.
- After the music worship set, we'll be taking a 10 minute coffee break to connect, grab a drink, drop your kids off at Children's Ministry and use the bathroom.
- After the message, we will have a 5-10 minute integration time which will look a little different every week, but could be a panel conversation, a personal reflection or a text-in Q & A time.. We'd love your feedback at the end of our summer pilot.
- There will be Children's Ministry for ages 4-10 throughout July and August! During the mid-service connection time, parents of children aged 4–10 can take their children to the large Sunday school room. Please remember to pick them up directly after the service.
If you have any questions, concerns or ideas, we would love to hear them! Please message Pastor Tim directly.